Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rapidly

my heart is beating.  My hands are shaking and I am having trouble typing.  Such a scare I just had.  It is 7:50 AM and still dark outside.  I was just checking emails and decided to warm up the car before I left for work.  This is a routine I do every morning.  We don't have a garage in this little house, so the cars are parked right outside the front door.  The front door has a wooden platform in front of it with two steps.  It isn't really big enough to be considered a deck, and I don't think you could even fit a chair by the door.  Maybe a pot of flowers in the spring.

This morning, I flung open the door like I do every day and there staring at me was a moose standing at the bottom step.  No more than a foot away.  I'm not sure which of us ran away faster, although I did make sure I closed the front door before I ran.  As I ran away, I could see the moose turning tail and leaping away, rather cat-like, from me.  From my front window I watched him saunter up the driveway, so I think he wasn't a shook up as I was.

Today's lesson:  Look out front window prior to opening front door.

Whew - coast is clear.  Now I am going to try this again....

No comments:

Post a Comment