Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Where have we been, and are you sure this isn't a third world country?

I have neglected my blog for several months now - if I were to try and condense the last few months into a few lines they would go like this - in (mostly) chronological order

wedding anniversary (#23!!)
Tara and Sky arrive
Thanksgiving
job interviews
daycare interviews
Joe arrives
Steve has Dr appt
Steve has birthday
Christmas
Steve has hip replacement surgery
Happy New Year!
Tara starts to work (such a trooper, taking the bus to and from work in -10 weather)
I do the daycare run
Joe goes back to school
Steve has therapy and goes back to work within a few weeks of surgery (Amazing)
I have a birthday (don't ask)
Tara starts a new job - fulltime
Jake has all the stuff that goes with school

Add a couple of root canals and repair work on the 4 wheel drive on the jeep, and that about covers Nov-Jan.

Life has pretty much settled down now and we are (I am anyway) breathing easier.  I can't believe it's been a year.  It really has gone fast.  This winter is much different from last winter.  Last winter there wasn't much in the way of snow. And it was cold, but nothing like the days of -10 degree weather we had in town. Closer to -25 in the mountains.  And that isn't windchill.  And is has snowed this year.  And snowed.  And more snow.  We've had about 10 feet of snow I think.  We need 24 more inches to tie the record.  It's just the end of February - there is yet another month left of winter. And we can get snow into May.  I think there is a good chance we might make the record.  Snow is forecast for pretty much the whole week - just an inch here and an inch there, but it piles up.

You might ask, what does all that snow look like... well, it's not all here.  Much of it had melted, but I think I can dig up a few pictures from one big storm we had.

Riley loves snow

Skylar can almost walk on the snow, the rest of us sink right in.  Time for snowshoes

Rosey is not so sure.  Neither is Skylar.
Help, I've fallen and I can't get up.  Good thing that branch is there!

Pure joy


The winter has been hard on the moose too.  Over 450 have been killed since July.  They would rather walk on the roads then plow through the snow.  The Moose Federation - don't laugh, there really is such a place - is seeking donations so they can put hay out in the woods to try and keep the moose out of populated areas and off the roads.

Apparently, this little guy didn't hear about that.  He came over on Superbowl Sunday.  Maybe he wanted hot wings.  Sorry the pictures aren't the best, but I wasn't going to ask him to pose.

headed right for the front door step
Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment